Tuesday, February 2, 2010

random thoughts...

...while scrubbing the tub...

Sometimes, I think of weird things while I am doing various menial tasks around the house. a few nights ago, I was scrubbing the bathtub and had a few thoughts I felt like adding to the archive of my blog.

this tub is really dirty
two boys with ichthyosis=very grimy tub
i don't mind cleaning the tub
hey, it is actually fun
or at least satisfying
soft-scrub is awesome
it sure dries my hands out
and my hands always get cracked and bleed
i really should use gloves
i hate gloves
it would be a good idea to wear gloves even though i don't like them
but i can barely stand to wear a ring on my finger
or wear glasses on my face
or makeup
feels like a mask
maybe that is why i can't stand lotion either
wonder how i can stand clothes
must be some sort of disorder
i liked cleaning the tub when i was a kid
i liked organizing the linen closet
i must have been a strange kid
maybe i have ocd
it is nice to be a little obsessive
wish i could be more obsessive about other things in my life
like reading scriptures and exercising
oh well, at least the tub is clean

like i said...r a n d o m! What goes through your head when you clean?

4 comments:

SP said...

Lorena: I love this post!! I think we all can relate. Can I share with the young women I teach on Sundays? Our lesson is called "Sharing work in the home." I think of you often and wish we were closer. I am so glad you are keeping this blog.

Love you,
Sherry

Lorena said...

Sherry, you are more than welcome to share all, or part, of this with anybody for any reason! I was in a really goofy mood when posting this. I truly wish we were closer, too! Think of all the fun we could have!

RebeckerOnline said...

Great posts. I think i need to do more cleaning around the house because it is good thinking time. random thoughts can turn into profound thoughts rather quickly and those are always good too.

Lorena said...

rebecker, i agree with you on the random thoughts that become profound when there aren't any screaming kids in the house.